1. Next Friday night God willing, 360 men, approx. a quarter of them ‘un-churched’, will meet in the St Luke’s hall to hear the Premier of NSW, The Hon. Mike Baird. Please pray for:
- Mike as he speaks about his faith in Jesus and the men as they listen
- The logistics of the night and good weather
- The many men and women that put it all together
- God’s name to be glorified and many to be drawn to Christ
2. Mike Raiter is returning to St Luke’s to preach across the Easter season. Mike will preach on “Jesus – the bread of life” from John 6. Easter is early this year, two weeks before the school holidays. Mike will be here on:
- Palm Sunday March 20th – Miranda North & Jackson Ave evenings
- Good Friday March 25th – 9:30am combined parish service @ Port Hacking High
- Easter Sunday March 27th – all services @ Jackson Ave
Mike will clearly explain and challenge us with the true meaning of Easter, so please pray, invite your family and friends and come.
3. We have started the year well with good numbers and new faces at all services and new bible study groups forming, Youth & Children’s ministry up and running and much enthusiasm.
In fact six times in the last six months we have held services that have not fitted in our building. People have been literally out the doors. As your Senior Minister for 13 years this has only happened once in the previous decade. It now happens not only with special services but even regular Sunday services can be tight too. We are taking this opportunity to remind everyone of our Building Renewal program.
“May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.” (2 Thess 2:16-17)
From Stephen Gibson