Today we want to focus on and pray for our God given opportunities to minister in and around our local schools. We are reminded in God’s word: “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message.” (Colossians 4:2-3)
Our School Chaplains for our area are:
- Jo Bidwell @ Yowie Bay Public School
- Helen Hodsdon @ Miranda North Public School
- Jen Shade @ Laguna Street
- James Peters @ Inaburra
- Cass Romberg @ Kurnell
Our Scripture teachers – we teach well over 450 children a week in 3 primary schools (Miranda, Miranda North & Yowie Bay) and one high school (Port Hacking).
Our ISCF groups – these voluntary lunchtime groups have different names in each school and are another great ministry opportunity: Alive @ Miranda North; Chip lunch @ Port Hacking High; Generator @ Caringbah High; and Bible Study @ Woolooware High.
Our Kid’s Hope Mentors @ Yowie Bay primary. One child, one hour, one church, one school. This popular mentoring program is highly valued by the school who invited us in.
Our Homework Club – last Thursday we had 44 children our biggest ever attendance! Our goal is also for the boys and girls to stay on to SLABS and G4J – our primary Kid’s Clubs. If you could assist with 5.30pm onsite dinner for about 65 kids once a term (you will be reimbursed for expenses) please see Cam Harte.
Our Prayer Partners for all of these wonderful ministries listed above. As Jesus said: “apart from me you can do nothing”.
- Please continue to pray for these wonderful ministry opportunities and,
- If you would like to get involved speak to Cam Harte, our Children’s minister.
- We also uphold all our school teachers who play such a valuable role each day in education and witness to Jesus in our schools.
Stephen Gibson (senior minister)