St Luke’s Miranda has a long history of valuing and investing in ministry in our local primary and high schools. Ministry in our local schools is an integral part of our children’s and youth ministry and a great privilege to be involved in.
We have a great team of people who minister in a number of ways in our local schools. Some examples of our school ministry are:
- Kids’ Hope mentoring program at both Miranda North Public School and Yowie Bay Public School. We have 20 mentors who meet 1-on-1 with a student each week.
- Each week our 14 scripture teachers teach around 450 primary school students at Miranda, Miranda North and Yowie Bay.
- We also teach SRE at Port Hacking High School.
- We run weekly lunch time groups at Miranda North Public School and Port Hacking High School.
- Members of St Luke’s are school chaplains at Yowie Bay, Miranda North, Kurnell and Inaburra schools.
- We run Homework Club each Thursday afternoon where kids from our local primary schools come and get help with their homework and most now stay on for SLABS or G4J.
Ministry in our local schools is an exciting place to serve and we are very thankful for each of our team members that faithfully serve each week.
There are always opportunities to become involved and if you would like to find out more about any of these ministries please chat to Cam Harte, our Children's Minister.